Hustler Tortion Suspension ??

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by RickO, Jan 28, 2006.

1. RickO

RickO LawnSite Member

Anyone have a Hustler with the fron tortion suspension? How well does it work? I have a lot of rolling land and a lot of ditch line to mow as well as some rougher land. Think it would be great but just curious how well it works.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It works great, but dont take my word for it.
    There are a couple threads here on LS about the Flex Fork's, use the search feature and read for yourself.
    You can always demo them also....

Pj

3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I just got my new mower with the flex forks and I have been riding Super Z's for several years and hundreds of hours and you can believe me when I tell you there is absolutely no comparison. I ride mine from my house to my chicken houses some times and there is a good size drop where my road crosses the lake I have. I usually forget about the drop and hit it running wide open and it will bounce me out of the seat and the deck will come all the way up and fall back down against the chains, when I hit it yesterday and got over to the chicken houses it hit me that I had not noticed the jolt I normally get. I just turned around and went back and ran over the drop several times as fast as the mower would run and I absolutely could not believe there could be such a difference, you will have to experience the difference for yourself between the two machines before you can truly understand what I have explained to you it is unbelievable.