Hustler touch up paint

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vahaus, May 9, 2003.

1. vahaus

vahaus LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Buying a used Hustler Super Z and wondering if anyone has info on paint color that I can buy to touch up a few spots, other than what my dealer doesn't stock. Tried posting this on the Hustler site been there for 2 days with no response.

Any help would be appreciated.:D

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I know the Hustler paint is not cheap.
    Here is a alternative...........
    John Deere industrial yellow is almost a exact match.
    Also, remove one of your deck covers and take it to a paint store, they can scan it and make what ever amount you may need.
    Also, I can get you a paint code from our plant and you can take it to any auto body paint supply, and have them make it for you also.
    E-mail me @ hustlerturfequipment@msn.com

Later
    Pj

3. Cheaters, yall forgot the green then...........LOL

Paint store can color match pretty good now a days.

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes, but John Deere paint is just as expensive too. Heck go to a Ace Hardware they can color match any paint chip now. Well, at least thats what they say in their new tv commercial.

5. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Lowe's or Home Cheapo.Had both color match for a tractor.Couldn't tell the difference from factory color.

6. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

CAT yellow!

7. turfguy

turfguy LawnSite Member

Any auto body supply house should help you quite well. I bought a quart of bobcat green for about 20 bucks applyed it with a sprayer in my shop and the machine looked great

8. vahaus

vahaus LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

For anyone interested.

TSC (Tractor Supply Company) store carries a line of paints for Agri equipment.

Industrial Yellow paint is close a match as you can ask for without getting someone to match it for you. Comes in both spray and quarts. Spray is $3.99

FYI Deere yellow is too YELLOW

Cat Yellow maybe closer if you have a source for it.

9. Volkilmer

Volkilmer LawnSite Member

I work at a body shop. (I'm the painter) The cheapest way would be to get it at a hardware store. The best, but more expensive way would be to have an auto paint supply store match it for you.
    Stores that carry Dupont have a machine called chromavision that can match the paint by taking a picture & sending it through a computer. The problem with auto paint is that it requires buying paint,activator&reducer.
    I'd say go with the hardware store for about half the money.
    good luck with super z
    I bought one 3 weeks ago and I love it.