Hustler Trim Star and M1 field test

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sweet Tater, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Just got the mowers delivered today from Hustler to begin a field test. only used it for an hour today since my back is out and it doesnt have a sulky (yet). So far I am very impressed with the machines. Here are some pics right ater I washed it after use today.

09-10-09_1713.jpg

09-10-09_1714.jpg

09-10-09_1715.jpg

09-10-09_1717.jpg

09-10-09_1718.jpg

2. Sweet Tater

more pics
    I'll post some of the M1 self propelled 21" later

09-10-09_1719.jpg

09-10-09_1720.jpg

09-10-09_1721.jpg

3. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

How long did it take to figure out those controls Tater .

4. Jayson_109

Jayson_109 LawnSite Member

You should ask.... "What all was scarficed while trying to learn those controls!" :dizzy:

5. Sweet Tater

actually, about 5 min, its actually very easy. I was very suprised

6. Sweet Tater

rofl. actually I knew better so I went to my largest lawn, 5 acres, no trees and went to town. its alot easier to operate than it looks

7. Sweet Tater

btw, whats up Bob, aint seen ya downstirs lately

8. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Watch out for the M1s. I have had one for 2 months and it has already broke down twice :( for a $1300 push mower you would think their a little beefier.

1 thing broke twice. I guess the solid shaft drive system was a bad thing. There are pins in the tranny that break when there is too much stress on the drive. So if you go up a good hill with it. They snap. Its sitting in the shop right now waiting on parts.

Now the new trimstar. AWESOME i used my sulkey off my exmark and its a mean machine. Only thing i dont like is the speed. its limited at 6mph while my exmark is 8mph

9. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Ok, this looks like a 48" deck WITH a trim side anti-scalp wheel. I could swear I've seen other photos w/o one, and I could swear I saw their spec page and it didn't mention the antiscalp (which I HAVE to have mowing Bermuda at 1.5").

NOW the mower is finally on my short list.

10. Sweet Tater

found out today, it goes alot faster thn I can walk lol, got to find me a sulky for that thing. so far I like it, I just cant keep up with it ;)