Hustler Trim Star

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by huntergreen, Apr 26, 2013.

1. huntergreen

huntergreen LawnSite Member

I have been running Exmark and Toro for years. My local salesman is trying to push me towards Hustler. Anyone have any experience or reviews they would like to share? I use all my equipment comercially.

2. KV9064

KV9064 LawnSite Member

would like to hear some reviews also

3. Joel D

Joel D LawnSite Member

I had a 2011 trimstar. I liked it. It was easy to use, and left a great cut. It didn't handle tall grass that great though, and I usually had to cut 3-4 times if a yard was overgrown. I though it did alright on hills. Maybe not the best, but I don't really have any experience with other walk behinds to compare it to. It discharges much better without the chute cover. The deck adjustment lever was awesome. I don't see there really being a better hrydo WB for that price. Ask any questions you have and I will answer to the best of my ability. I put around 140 hours on mine so I some pretty good experience with one.

4. KV9064

KV9064 LawnSite Member

you said you had one, does that mean you got rid of it and if so why?

I like the bigger rear tires, a lot of walk behinds have small skinny tires that make ruts. I also like the the deck height adjustment. I am getting ready to buy a 48" walk behind just trying to get something that will work and last a long time.

:usflag:

5. Joel D

Joel D LawnSite Member

The only reason I got rid of it is because I run solo and wanted to sit down instead of stand. The only issue I had was with a little mount thing that stabilizes the deck broke, and that was probably my fault from hitting stuff with it. I wish is did have a stronger engine on the 48 inch since I mostly mow EOW's, but you if you mow mainly weekly's it will be great.

6. KV9064

KV9064 LawnSite Member

thanks for the reply, I'm also waiting for the new Scag WB.