Hustler Trimstar

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The LawnRanger, Oct 4, 2010.

1. The LawnRanger

The LawnRanger LawnSite Member

Looking at upgrading my equipment and going to all Hustler Trimstars 36'' and 3- 54" I've watched several companys in my town using them and they cut really nice and lay a nice stripe If anyone owns a trimstar any feedback would be helpful 2010 Hustler Trimstar.jpg

2010 Hustler Trimstar.jpg

2. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

Are you in St. Joe Michigan?...just curious. I had a Trimstar 36" and absolutely hated it. I could never get used to the controls. I would rather have the loop handles like my Snapper Pro or conventional hydro sticks like say a lesco or similiar design to a ZTR. Alot of people love them but I am not one.

3. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

I've used the older version of the Trimstar. It had a few critical design flaws, which would prevent me from recommending an otherwise good machine.
    The new Trimstar, I haven't used, but it looks like it addressed the issues of the previous model, so I think it should be an excellent machine.
    The older 48" model was superb at holding hills, and I think the newer 48 and 54 models should be just as good for that.

4. The LawnRanger

The LawnRanger LawnSite Member

No Saint Joseph Mo but I was born and Raised in Michigan Detroit

5. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

What model year are the new versions?

6. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

I believe the new ones came out as 2009 models.