1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Turf Equipment input

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Grass, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Green Grass

Green Grass LawnSite Member
    from MN

Looking for any type of input on hustler turf equipment good or bad.

2. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Good here. Great dealer helps.

3. nfarr

nfarr LawnSite Member

I have a Hustler Fastrak, 2052 and have about 200 hours on it. I use it to cut about 75 lawns a week. It runs like a top. The only thing I have noticed is that I have to tighten the bolts that hold the back deflecter/shield in place on a regular basis. I recently added the stipe kit and it does a great job. I have had great service from local and national reps.

I will probably be buying a larger super z in the fall for next season.

If I could do it over, I would buy the Super Mini Z with the 52" deck.

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

If that's your only problem your doing great (always lock tite or a lock nut to fix that).

5. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

I bought a 2006 60 XR 7 27 KOHLER Super Z, I have been doing this off and on for 25 years and I am very mechanically inclined. I can walk in take a look at a machine and just tell you where the problems are with a design without even running it. I walked into the Hustler dealer looked the machine over and bought it without even having a sales guy say a word. The Hustler design team have their act together and quality is top notch. I own a 98 Lazer 60 in great shape and the Hustler is a much better product than that. I have 2 complaints 1 MORE POWER the power is good but when you are mowing thick grass fast more power is always a + and the foot pedal could used to be adjustable.

For the money it is in a class by itself! I believe Hustler is building the finest products for the $ right now.

6. poonero

poonero LawnSite Member
    from ny

i like the spoiler.

7. amtrucker22

amtrucker22 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

We have the 60 inch superZ with a 28 efi. This machine is top notch that cuts really well. Get the fusion blades, they help a lot:weightlifter: ! When our exmark 36 goes we will be looking at the Trimstar. Mowerconsultant is awsome on this site and has helped us a lot :clapping:

Paul

8. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with this! The customer service fromt eh company is beyond belief!!

9. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been mowing since 1989 as my sole source of imcome and have had many machines over the years. My last machine was a Super Z 27/52 and my current machine is a Super Z 28EFI/60. I can honestly say they have been the beswt machines I've ever owned. They're by far the fastest, most productive mowers I've ever owned. They're well designed. It's as though the engineers that designed them actually mowed grass for a living.

10. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i do not personally own one but a good friend jst but one....love it but the foot pedal seems a little outa the way or somethin idk....all together great machine...i never thought i would say this but next mower might possibly be a hustler...