Hustler Turf Equipment is looking for your input.

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mowerconsultant, Jan 23, 2004.

?

In a fuel gauge on the new fuel tanks would you rather have:

1. A - a mechanical “dial” type indicator gauge

43 vote(s)
    42.6%
  2. B - a translucent “strip” or “sight line” in the tanks so you can see the exact level of the fuel. (

58 vote(s)
    57.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Hustler Turf Equipment is looking for your input.
    We are in the process of redesigning our current fuel tanks we use on our commercial riders, such as the Hustler Z, Super Z, Mini Z and Super Mini Z.
    We are looking for you to vote in a poll in this thread.
    The Question is…..
    In a fuel gauge on the new fuel tanks would you rather have:
    A - a mechanical “dial” type indicator gauge
    Or
    B - a translucent “strip” or “sight line” in the tanks so you can see the exact level of the fuel. (you would be able to see this from the operators position)

These are the two options please vote above.
    We look forward to your input.

Thank you

Hustler Turf Equipment

2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

In my opinion the mechanical guage would be the best and here's why. Just think about trimmers, blowers ect. w/ tanks that are visible. They don't stay that way for long until you cant see through the tank, at least this is the case with me. I think a sight line on the tank will only be effective for a short time.
    Tim

3. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

as long as the translucent strip won't yellow in less than a year. Pluss the tank is dark inside, might be good if it stuck out a little to let light in. Kind of like a 'clear straw'.

4. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

I chose B, because i have found after a while the "dial" type guages are not as accurate. Its better to actually see the fuel in my opinion.

5. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Would like the (B) option! the gauges cant be read after some time in the sun most turn brown. Also got the kit yesterday and I like it alot, easy install, want to get to some fescue to mow with it.
    Thank you
    Dennis

6. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for keeping us in mind. Love my Super Zs...

7. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I like the mechanical fuel gage idea. I think the sight line would fade with time requiring tank replacement to repair. The mechanical fuel gage would probably be easier to repair if it should fail. I would like to see a design that could be fitted to existing mowers that don't currently have a gage.

8. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

The sight line would be better, mechanical gauges never seem to last.

9. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

A - a mechanical “dial” type indicator gauge
    Or
    B - a translucent “strip” or “sight line” in the tanks so you can see the exact level of the fuel. (you would be able to see this from the operators position)

I voted -B- because you can see the fuel. It goes with the keep it simple rule. That is as long as it will not discolor (rendering it useless!) I got an idea!!! Why not make the mechanical gages available as an option? Then if the sight glass ever discolored you could purchase the mechanical when needed. Just a thought.

Jeff

10. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

PJ,
    My friend's Ferris has a translucent tank and it's great. I don't know what the cost difference is, but you may find it's cheapest to have a fully translucent tank, instead of a stripe. BTW, the machine is 9 years old and has not faded. I'd go with the stripe or complete see-through tank.
    DP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.