Hustler upper-cut (leaf removal)

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tmachamer, Nov 16, 2003.

1. tmachamer

tmachamer LawnSite Member

I have a short-cut with a 48" upper-cut deck. I used to pick up leaves now I go over them twice with the upper-cut and it is like there were no leaves. I love it. I wish Hustler would have marketed the short-cut better then discontinuing it. I also bought a 60" deck which is very easy to change. I thought it would be nice to have other attachments to go on the short-cut like a sprayer, spreader, aerators ,etc. One power plant with capabilities of many different operations. Makes me more efficient and by being more efficient I make more money.
    '

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You are right.
    The Shortcut is and always will be a awesome machine.
    But due to its limited sales in the last few years it pretty much was taken out of production.
    You can put a few JRCO attachments on the front of the unit with out having to remove the deck or anything.
    Did you buy your unit @ Mclarens ?

Later
    Pj

3. tmachamer

tmachamer LawnSite Member

thanks, thats where I bought my machine. When I take it into service I'll see what he has got.

4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey PJ

Can you tell us if hustler is thinikng about ayhting to replace the shortcut? I know it was originally thought of to be used as a stand or sit machine. How about a stander more like the Wright but with the awsome H-bar controls, and the power, smooth ride and stability of the super walkbehind.
    Just wondering

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Hustler has no plans to develop another stand on unit at this time.

Pj

6. gr8pyrs

gr8pyrs LawnSite Member
    from PA

PaulJ,

I've had a 54"SWB now for about 3 months.
    With the Bullrider it is a close to a stander that you can get.
    A little bit longer but I think easy to get used to.
    Great machine, easy to operate and maneuver.

No complaints to speak of.

Just my two cents.

7. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I have the same unit. Being long is it's secret to being comfortable. I tried a stander twice and besides the control system which I didn't like, I couldn't stand the back and forth motion of my body, because the standers are too short.
    Just my nickel,,,,,
    Pete

8. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

gr8pyrs

I agree,
    I have a 48" super WB iwht the bull rider. It's a great machine combo. But it is a bit long for some people and the bull riders little wheels can give a rougher ride, I just thought that if they could take the great features of the hustler SWB and put them in a stander format, it could be the ultimate ride on mower.

9. sal

sal LawnSite Member

I own 5- 48" short cuts (1500) I've started to have trouble finging parts and ordering parts.... any ideas

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Shortcut parts are still available.
    What items are you having a hard time with ?
    What dealer are you ordering from ?
    E-mail me your info and I will forward it to our factory rep in Georgia.
    hustlerturfequipment@msn.com

Pj