Hustler vrs bad boy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by mbigred, Apr 4, 2013.

1. mbigred

mbigred LawnSite Member

I am thinking about getting a new zt 54' deck the hustler fastrak or bad boy elite bb have ele deck lift ( I do not like) both are a bout the same $. what do you guy think?:confused:

2. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

If you own a Badgirl then why evening change brands, unless you are not liking the badgirl you have.

3. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

Hustler all the way..
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ddixon7

ddixon7 LawnSite Senior Member

It is nice to try and keep things all one brand and all one dealer.

5. mbigred

mbigred LawnSite Member

the badboy has a ELE deck lift its ok if you do not put the mower on and off a trailer you can not get the deck back in the same place to cut the same each time the over $ 7 outlaw has 19 place with a pin and foot lift that is over the budget for me.

6. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Ok i sell both. The hustler is lower, takes hills a little better, but the back end seems to catch on things easier. Hustler has a better warranty (but capped by hour usage), has rops standard, doesnt have annoying ebrake safety where you have to pull up just to start, has athe very easy belt tension change with the chain you just pull on, has the quicker foot pedal, and pays for most of ur financing costs on the 0% for 48 months. Ok on the bad boy, same paint, deck is much stouter, spindles are over twice as stout (heck badboy runs fasttrak super duty spindles on the $3000 mz mower), deck hangers are tractor turnbuckles, electric lift option is free where its a pretty big cost on other brands, gas tanks bigger, cheaper cost, frame is stouter, bad boy guys stand by deck and frame for life, ive seen alot of things covered that shouldve not been... its kinda one of those things where which one suits your needs better.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

I would be selling you an outlaw for $7000. 37% stouter decgk than any other, frame blows everyone else away, deck is an amazing performer, 5400's are sick on a $7k machine, i would put you on one then put you on the zt and fastrak, and they would feel like toys, same with the x-one.... just trade a gun in for the difference or something, you will never regret it!!
    Posted via Mobile Deviceo