1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler vs Other machines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fazzy815-66, Mar 18, 2005.

1. fazzy815-66

fazzy815-66 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm about to bite the bullet and buy a hustler super Z 60" and was wondering If I could get anyone who owns a hustler Z and has owned say an exmark lazer z in comparison on the quality of cut thanks

:D George :D
  2. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I own a Hustler Z 23/52 and I've had Exmarks in the past. The quality of cut on the two is equal in my opinion. Some guys don't like the Hustler deck design and it discharge chute, but I can't find anything to complain about. The mower is tougher than hell and has great hill/slope holding ability. Both mowers are excellent machines, but I give the edge to Hustler and not because I own one. When I bought mine I had my choice's down to Exmark, Grasshopper and Hustler. I chose Hustler over the other two and I think it was the right choice.
  3. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

What was it that sold you on the Hustler over the other two.
  4. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

The Hustler has a beefier frame and smoother hydros. It was also $800 less than the Exmark and $450 less than the Grasshopper (same size engines and decks). It has a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty, lifetime warranty on hydro lines and front edge of deck. It is also faster than the other two.
  5. fazzy815-66

well at least someone replied (thanks) I was hoping to get alittle more response and opionons. oh well . :help:
  6. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Probably not, I dont think most exmark owners ever try anything else out.
  7. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

What ended up selling me on my Super Z 27/60 was the warrenty. I do agree about the handleing of slopes. It will hold one. The bac vac is great too. But this is the only ZTR I've owned. I did alot of research on here and talked to dealers and talked to other local LCO's. But so far I've not one complantaint about it. As far as I'm conceraned I'll only have Hustler ZTR's from now on.
  8. fazzy815-66

Hey thanks for replying it makes me feel better about making such a big investment. I really appreciate the input (by the way Ive never owned a exmark rider I just hear they cut great) Ive owned a 44 toro z and was not to impressed with it I do however own a 36" exmark walk behind and it does cut very well. I was sold on the warranty also and THE THING IS BUILT LIKE A TANK!! :D :D :D
  9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Do a serch, these machines have been talked about many times.

10. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I switched from Exmark Lazer Z's (3,700 hours on two machines) to a Super Z. I made the changed based partly on service and proximity to the dealer.
    The exmarks 60" 25 Kohler had a little better cut.
    I now have a 72 27 Kohler Super Z. This mower is great. Very stable on hills, responsive, and fast. Cut guality is not as good as Exmark, but very close. I was able to purchase the Super Z with larger deck for $500 less than the Exmark and the dealer is three miles from the house. I only have 125 hours on the Super Z, but I am happy I made the change.