Hustler walk-behind striping sulky!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by naturescape, Apr 7, 2007.

1. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Just found this new sulky for the Hustler walk behind:

http://hustlerturfequipment.com/Pro...Cont/TSHydro/TSHydroAttach/TSHydroAttach.html

Has anyone here used one of these? Would it fit any walk behind mower? Do they flip out of the way if they aren't wanted in certain situations?

I have been using Proslides for 9 years, and love them, but have always thought that if someone came up with this type of sulky, I'd buy one. It must stripe great, parts replacement would be negligible because parts roll instead of drag, and it seems it would be much safer too!

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I would get one. Anybody know about these?

3. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Interesting design, only downside I can see is it articulates and will not keep you inline with the controls. Other than that, it looks like it could be a good alternative to the Proslide.

4. naturescape

I think I'm going to try one, I'm sure I can fit it to my Bunton and Exmark walkbehinds. I'll look at em on Monday.

Anyone else try one?

5. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody know the price of these?

6. naturescape

Sorry, I have to bump this back to the top!

Anyone try one yet or know the price? Is it a fixed sulky or trailering?

7. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i think it would be the same as the proslide pretty much, except the rollers would tear the grass when you turn.

8. naturescape

Hard to say. When I turn with my Proslide, I usually take one or both feet off of it as well. The platform's smaller with the Hustler sulky, so it would be even easier to take your weight off of it. Also, with the rollers, there would be almost no wear on the sulky.

I had the same idea for a sulky like that, I think I may have even posted it here last Fall. Maybe they used my idea, if so, more power to them. I was not in a position where I could market or develop it.