1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler WB owners?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Upstate Mike, Feb 17, 2002.

1. Upstate Mike

Upstate Mike LawnSite Member

I would like to here some input from Hustler 48 wb owners on how they like there machine and what they run for blades and how reliable they have been and how they cut.
  2. rider1000

rider1000 LawnSite Member

Mike, I run a Hustler 48" w/b and a 60" ztr. Both machines are bulletproof. Only problem I've had is breaking the pull rope on the w/b. As many times as I start it though, that's to be expected. My nest one will have the electric starter. I run the factory blades and sharpen often. Both mowers lay down really good stripes! I have a friend I sub work to with the same equipment and he loves his machines also. I use a bullrider on the back of mine. I've tried other velky's and the bullrider by far is the most durable and easiest to use. One other note - the time to learn to operate the w/b is minimal. The mortorcycle type controls are very easy to train someone on.
  3. Upstate Mike

Upstate Mike LawnSite Member

Thank you for the response,That is good to here.I will be picking up my new 48 wb on Friday.

Mike C:blob4:
  4. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I've got a Hustler Hydro Walkbehind. I purchased it late last year, but I have enough hours on it to know that it is a great piece of equipment. The H-Bar steering is a pleasure to operate. I can't imagine using pistol grips all day. I just hired a new employee and I'm confident the learning curve will be short. Mine is a 54" cut with the 17 horse Kawasaki. I've got a ProSlide mounted on it and it does a wonderful job. The cut is great and it discharges the clippings very well. The best thing about them is the company you are buying from. They treated me very well and their service after the sale is great. I look forward to using Hustler Equipment for a long time.