1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler - who is using? New dealer in town

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, Jan 29, 2008.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I was at my BOBCAt dealer today who is also a kubota dealer. He was informing me about the new hustler mowers and told me he is dropping DIXON - due to husky taking them over and there floor plans etc and now taking in hustler. He knows I run toro, toro dealer also in town but they look pretty nice to me. I don't like there bagging system though. Also snow on the ground and about 30 below with wind chill so I did not try anything out.

TOOLSHACK LawnSite Member

Your dealer has made a very wise choice to bring Hustler into his store. When the weather gets nice, go by and look at those mowers up close and demo one. You'll be amazed at the level of quality and performance of those machines!
  3. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using Fastrak's for commercial use and they are holding up great. I'll be adding a Super Z this spring/summer.
  4. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

Hustler makes some nice machines. But I think you would do best to stick with Toro.
  5. Trader Rick

Trader Rick LawnSite Member

We have 5 Super Z's. They are very good machines. The Kawi engines are strong and the wheel motors are bullet proof. I have a property we mow that is 72 acres with hills that have 45-50 degree slops. The Z's handle it all very well and fast. They will run 15 mph (not mowing) which is nice when you are on large properties, and will mow at approx. 10 mph. The cut is smooth due to the blades humming along at 18,000 rpm. Get the flex forks they make rough properties much easier on the kidneys. The design of the mower is simple and easy to work on.:weightlifter:
  6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Could you elaborate on this statement?
  7. BentleyOutdoors

BentleyOutdoors LawnSite Member

I have a 2007 Super Z 60" and love everything about it! I switched from Scag Turf tiger, one of the best decisions that I ever made!!!:usflag:
  8. electronics2667

electronics2667 LawnSite Member

I have 3 super Z's a 54 inch cut & 2 60 inch they do wonders on cutting grass that wet & soggy. Had a grasshopper good mower but the Super Z' are better
  9. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

Hustler makes some very good machines. Toro also makes some very good machines. My suggestion is that the Hustler machines overall are not superior to the Toro machines. If he would rather give his business to the Hustler dealer, thats fine. But if he has a good Toro dealer he should just stick with what he is familiar with.
    Obviously the machines each have their upside and their downsides, and if an upside of the Hustler just happens to fit his need, then great. But overall, I think he will not find the Hustler superior to the Toro.
    He doesn't say what kind of machines he is running, I was assuming he was talking about ZTRs. If he is looking at walk--behinds though, Toro definately makes a much better hydro walk-behind (and it costs an extra $1600)