Hustler XR 7 bahai better than old deck ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by REALSLOW, Jul 23, 2006.

1. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

I bought a new XR 7 Super but now I am looking at another Hustler that has the old style Hustler deck. Who has compared both on bahai and what is the cut difference. THANKS!!!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The XR-7 as adjustable for these grass types, you can put a set of spacers in it to lower the blades in the deck to get them 1 inch below the front of the deck, also you move the front baffles down when you do this.
    I doubt you will find a better cutting deck in these conditions.

Pj

3. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

How does the old deck cut bahai TALL compared to the XR7, I love the XR 7 and I am looking at a Hustler with the old style deck how much better is the XR 7 about leaving stingers compared to old deck.

Thankyou for your quick responce and by the way the new Scag velocity deck is supposed to be better in this situation?

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The old deck can have spacers added to it and the Fusion blades and the discharge opening enlarged, it does good, but not as good as the XR-7.
    As far as the Scag Velocity deck, you would have to demo it to make that comparison.

5. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

Hustler is fine with me I like your product I am just razzing you about being in front of the computer on Sunday when you should be in the shop building new mowers for us today.