Hustler XR-7 Cut Pictures

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by puppypaws, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

You put a 1000 Kaw on yours? how much work was it. I wanted to do it and need to. I was either doing a Generac or a BB Briggs.

How much more stout does it make the drive pull? you are aware it places more strain on the drive?

The BB would be a tight fit ? A Generac is American made. The White 530's can be bought at Surplus pumps .com. They had the RC 18's for like 279 but sold out. They may still have the CE's.

Hustler used the White wheel motors because they could be had cheap. You are not getting the new Parkers for that price.

2. sdk1968

sdk1968 LawnSite Member

3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

This is not the thread we sidetracked, it was the 31 Kawasaki fuel consumption thread. You can sidetrack this one all you care to, I started this thread.

4. sdk1968

sdk1968 LawnSite Member

fair enough...

i got lost in the posting frenzy. :dizzy:

RS: the swap was a lot of fun & a few knuckles... with a tad bit of frustration as usual in these things. well worth it for what i paid for the motor.

oh i couldnt find a surplus pumps.com... but found THIS:

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?catname=hydraulic&item=9-7735

is this the same thing?

5. Realslowww

I believe that is it, Puppy had thread going about it and I traced to a wheel motor they sold and I believe that is it. When you figure it out I want to know about it because I want to do the same thing.

what did you pay and do they have more?

6. sdk1968

sdk1968 LawnSite Member

7. Realslowww

I am pretty sure that is the right wheel motor, the 530 for 179, how much was the Kaw? I think that is why hustler was running them. THEY WERE CHEAP and looked good on paper

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  8. sdk1968

sdk1968 LawnSite Member

hee hee... but they charge out the butt for them anywhere else ive found them on the net....
    got 2 on the way... shipped/insured & all for $412...

now if we just find those 408/418 pumps for a good price the only thing old will be the frame. :)

9. Realslowww

At one time I found the pumps for 216 but now they are gone. I cannot find them for less than 400. Hustler sell the new HD pumps for about 7 or 8 and they can be made to work but you need 2 oil tanks and you would not have the hot shuttle 3rd line.

Hustler is making a kit to use the new parker Wheel motor on the old chasses. You could build a HD drive on a Odl Super but the parts new would be between 4500 and 5 grand.

I had a talk with a guy who rebuilds these systems for a living and he said the beauty of the cheaper system was you could get the stuff cheap so you just run them burnem up then replace where as on the new Super HD they would take the time to rebuild them for 60% of the cost of new.

Wheel motors at 180 a piece is way better than 800 so the cheap stuff competes on that level. He basically told me hydraulics are stupid and you can mix and match as long as the specs will work for you and just run whatever is surplus. On one of the Z's that is what he recommened but most people do not realize this.

10. CurbAppealKS

CurbAppealKS LawnSite Senior Member

I did this exact thing about half way through my cutting season. I found it had much more discharge velocity while helping the deck clean itself in a way. I loved them while cutting heavy wet grass. Produced a very acceptable one pass quality of cut for my conditions. I went with the extra high lifts from the 66" vx4. Of course the downside was higher fuel consumption compared to stock blades, but the most I clocked was in the 1.6 gph range. I have the fx850.

While I'm posting, puppy what does the underside of your deck look like? Do you have the triangle baffle that bolts in on the left side of the deck, or do you have the two L shaped air control baffles that bolt to the front lip of the deck?
    Posted via Mobile Device