Hustler XR7 Deck Pitch Question

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by punk_rockin2001, Aug 31, 2006.

1. punk_rockin2001

punk_rockin2001 LawnSite Member

I asked this question in the commercial mowing forum and got no response so I'll try here. I was wondering about the correct pitch on the XR7 deck. When everyone says they change it to 1/4" pitch does this mean lower in the front, or lower in the back? All other decks that I know of are pitched forward, but my dealer said the xr7's are backwards and the front is higher than the rear. I was just wondering if it was possible that people are forgetting this and setting the pitch forward when it is designed to be backwards, and therefore getting a worse cut? Or am I just confused on the pitch of the deck? The reason I'm asking is because I demoed an xr7 deck that I know was lower in the rear, and it cut very well. Any ideas?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The deck is to pitched 1/4 inch lower in the front.

3. punk_rockin2001

punk_rockin2001 LawnSite Member

So is the dealer just really wrong and confused when he tells me the XR7 is designed to be lower in the rear, and then sells all of his hustlers with a rear pitch? If they aren't supposed to be that way is it just a fluke that they cut so well backwards?:dizzy:

4. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Our dealer said the same thing. Pitch is 1/4 " lower in rear.:confused:

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I double checked with our engineer's, I am told the optimal pitch is 1/8 to 1/4 lower in the front.

Pj