1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Z 25/54 or 25/60

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by RaiderMac, Apr 19, 2007.

1. RaiderMac

RaiderMac LawnSite Member

I need advice. I can get a 25/60 for 7200 or a 25/54 for 7000 (both with xr7 decks). I really think the 54 would be ideal but it does not have the trim capibility. It will be my first Z so I do not want to make a mistake. Also how good does the Hustler Z do on hills compared to other mid Z's of this size?
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

What size do you need? if size isn't a factor (tight areas, trailer, storage..etc..etc..) I would go with the 60, your going to be more productive as well as have trim capability.
    Regardless of which unit you go with, the design of the Hustler Z's and Super Z's allows them to handle better on slopes than the average z, we designed them with a low center of gravity and a wide wheelbase, this along with balancing out the components (engine placement etc..) gives them great slope performance.