1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Z Leg Room compared to Lazer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chad@LebanonTurf, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Chad@LebanonTurf

Chad@LebanonTurf Inactive

Demoed the Super Z today and boy what a well made machine. Very impressed. Just wondering what you guys thought about the comfort of the machine compared to the Exmark. I currently own two Exmarks w/ full suspension seats and they are very comfortable. THe Hustler is a little shorter and I did not have the leg room I have w/ the Exmarks. Does anybody have any comments on this. I think I have made up m mind to go ahead and purchase the Super Z. Exmark is pricing themselves out of the market!
  2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

When I had a demo I had the same fit. I am
    6' 3" and the Super Z just didnt have enough room for me. Kept my knees in the wrong place.

So I went with the Exmark HP, which surprisingly has much more room and very comfy for me too!
  3. Chad@LebanonTurf

Chad@LebanonTurf Inactive

thanks for the input. I am not as tall at 6' but I can tell a difference in the two machines. I think I can adjust the levers to move them away from y knees.
  4. crazygator

On my demo they had the steering control arms all the way down.....too low for me and my long legs. While I had it I adjusted them up and it helped in that area.

I just could not sit all day with the seat in the position it was in. Bothered my knees way too much. And yes, it was adjusted all the way back too.
  5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You can move the levers to the higher mounting holes, and also adjust them til they pivot all the way forward.
    Also there is a set of extensions you can buy for $16.00, they are part # 353961
    That will solve your leg clearance issues.

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Where do the extensions go to give more leg room? My seat, all the way back, is almost touching the fuel pump. In my opnion, the fuel pump needs to be relocated. I inquired about this in the past but got negitive feed back. I'm only 5'10" and I would like another 2" of leg room.

7. Piedmont Lawn

Piedmont Lawn LawnSite Member

Need some leg room look here, I'm 6'5" and can ride this mower all day very comfy. Nice deep footwell with a good footrest.

8. crazygator

I think what PJ posted only has to do with the levers being high enough to clear your knees when pushing the levers all the way forward, and not the seat or true leg room where your feet rest on the floor pan. Thats where I had the problem. From the seat to where my feet rest was way too short a distance.