Hustler Z mulching kit.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by We do 4 U, Jun 9, 2002.

1. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

I demoed a Hustler Super Z 72" the other day and loved it :). I will be probally be geting a 52" Super z and I was wondering how well does the mulching kit work on these?

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I just re-installed mine yesterday with the new blades and kit, worked great. I was sold flat gator blades the first time and installed them, mowed like sh**. My dealer ordered new blades from Hustler ( that have the drop down) and they worked fine. I mowed Friday and had no problems with grass in the beds or anything.

3. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

I just got my mulch kit today for my super z. the dealer says i should use the same blades that i have been using to side discharge with (the same ones that came on it when i bought it). the part # of the blade is XL782516. is this the correct blade?

4. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

i installed the mulch kit and it cuts great with the blades i have. one problem though, there is alot of blowout from under the left front of the deck. its so bad that alot of grass is blown into the beds. does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Both of you should try the mulching blades. The high lifts that come with the moer are great but are not really made for a mulching deck, I still get a little blow out but it's not bad.