hustler Z owners manual

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mak2, Nov 28, 2005.

1. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a 60" z with the honda engine, I asked for an owners manuel but gave up on getting it from my dealer. Can I get one online?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I can e-mail you one.
    E-mail me and I will e-mail you one in return.

Pj

3. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

I'd still like to see parts online. Your sister company does it (LandsPride) but Hustler still doesn't. I'm not sure what the hangup is about that. It could actually generate sales.

gpshemi

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We do not have a sister company.... Landpride is owned by Great Plains MFG INC., we have nothing to do with either of them, other than making a couple models of mowers for them in the past, we no longer produce anything for them.
    Hustler Turf Equipment is owned by Excel Industries Inc, which is a privately held, family (multiple generations) owned (and operated) company.
    We only produce yellow mowers now, all Hustler, all the time!...lol...lol....
    As far as online manuals are concerned, it is in the works... we have had some major IT department projects going on the last couple of years and this is continuing now, and online manuals is one of the items in the total mix of things.

Pj

5. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

by the way, Pj, thanks for the manuel.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

No problem.
    Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Pj

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Here is a picture of the multiple generations that make Hustler what it is today.

3 generation 4x5 resized.jpg

8. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

mowerconsultant......"We do not have a sister company.... Landpride is owned by Great Plains MFG INC., we have nothing to do with either of them, other than making a couple models of mowers for them in the past, we no longer produce anything for them".

Kind of sounds like a nasty divorce!!!!!!!!

Landpride must still have old pics of their site then. Their pic looks just like the one you just showed with all the guys around/on it. Right down to the gussets on the deck wheels.

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I didn't mean for it to sound nasty.
    Our contract / agreement was up, we stopped making mowers for them.
    Hustler and Landpride are both Kansas companies with a great team of employees, there are a few similarities in the companies.
    This subject has come up many times before, I wanted to make it 100% clear in that post.
    As for the pics, all but there new Razor, are pics of the Hustler made product, I am sure they still have warehouse and dealer inventory they need to sell.

10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

So, who is Landpride using to build their mowers now?