Hustler z owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fivestarlawnken, Oct 6, 2003.

1. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

How many of you would buy another Hustler mower? I'm looking at full size 60 inch 25 kawi hustler z.Just wondering:D Any reasons that would favor strongly for or against your next mower, let me know.

2. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I love my Hustler Z. I have about 300 hours on it with no problems at all. I mow mostly St. Augustine grass here in FL and it mulches it very well. Very nice cut quality. I heard that some LCO's in the north don't care for the cut quality as much as an Exmark when cutting other types of grass.

3. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would demo an Exmark before you buy a Hustler. I demoed a Hustler and didn't like the cut at all.

4. fivestarlawnken

i've ran both mowers the exmark has a very good cut.Hustler is not that far behind. I feel the hustler did better on hills and it is built pretty strong.I can also get the hustler about 1300.00 cheaper than an exmark. They are both good products I feel I should be okay with either mower.

5. fivestarlawnken

EJK2352>>>>>>>>>>>
    Are you ready to wrap this long mowing season,I have mowed every week since second week in april. I like having a week or two break in july or august. We have has some crazy weather this year in ohio!!

6. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I've got 500 and some hours on mine equiped the way you're looking. My only troubles have been the Ogura clutch, which they gone away from. Mine has the Warner on it now and so far so good. The bac-vac has also performed well during leaf season. I'd buy another, but it will probably be the 69 or 72 inch model, whatever they are calling it for width. I'd recommend it to a friend.

Ben

7. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 60" 24hp Honda with bagging system. Great mower. Will definitely add another to the fleet next season. Great cut, excellent on hills, very well built.

8. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's official, I'm sick of mowing grass!!! I think the customers are getting tired of seeing me too. I haven't missed a weekly cut since the first week of April. The cold weather of the last two weeks has really slowed the growth.

9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Hustler Super Z is very good. Just go with a bigger an different engin than a Kawi 25 HP. Kawi's are too sensitive to air filters and carb's are not adjustable.

Gene

10. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Own both a 23/52 Z and a 25/60 Super Z both a great machines, super slope holding, cut wet grass well, easy to maintain. Will be buying more.