1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Z price and advice

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by robertyb, Feb 22, 2004.

1. robertyb

robertyb LawnSite Member
    from ga

I saw a Hustler Z 23 Kaw./ 60 cut at dealer yesterday. He thinks it is a 2003 but I suspect it is a 2002 model. It has 2.6 hrs. on it and he says still will carry full 2 year warranty. It was dropped off a trailer during a demo and chute was bent, he replaced it, other side of deck got scraped up and paint marred. Arm rests starting to crack as he leaves it outside. He offered me this mower for driveout price including tax of $6.995.00. Is this a decent price? If not what would be a good price for it?
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

What is your tax rate ? just $6995.00 with out the tax is $1500.00 off the MSRP of $8495.00.
    I would guess your tax is 6 or 7 percent ?
    And you are getting a 2 year warranty to go with it, it sounds ok to me.
    There are no differences between the 02 and 03 models other than possibly the HD filter, does it have it on it ? if it does your current.
    Send me the serial # and I can tell you what it is.

Hope this helps
  3. robertyb

robertyb LawnSite Member
    from ga

Sales tax rate is 7%. It does have the large airfilter mounted on the top of the mower. The dealer says it is a 2003 model but he was not positive, he said he would run the serial number to be sure. I am going to demo it next week if weather permits. It was actually out of gas and would not crank yesterday and his son had taken the gas can out on a 4 wheeler for the day. He was rather embarrassed by that. He is going to bring it to my property to make sure it will handle my slopes OK.