Hustler Z stuck in Pig Fat!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by captken, Mar 19, 2006.

1. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

A totally disgusting situation....A BBQ restaurant I have a contract with had a disgruntled former employee who got even with the owner and managed to turn over the very large and very heavy grease tank..contents of which held the byproduct of a very large commercial smoker.
    ...However, the manager failed to inform me of this rancid situation beforehand. Here I was mowing along, listening to music:headphones: made a turn, slid, then stopped...tires spinning up this slimy gooey rancid mess of pig fat....sunk fast, the blades spewed pig fat out the discharge chute before I could disengage the blades...I had to get off the mower [carefully] put on rubber boots and get some help to push it out....the tires looked freshly Armor All ed.
    I talked to the manager, who apologized and explained he forgot to tell me and paid me double for having to clean my mower, gave me a Boston Butt to take home and treated my helper and me to a free lunch...he was glad to see us after the long Winter...can't beat Memphis BBQ!

Here I was mad, but kept my cool and it worked out OK. I had to laugh when it was over. Never would I expect to be side lined due to pig fat.:drinkup:

2. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I bet that won't happen ever again to any of us!!

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I do claim that as a first!!Mowwwing pigfat!!
    hope nobody calls you a lardazz after this!O would never

4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh: :laugh: now thats funny

5. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

You did well maintaining your cool. Well done.

6. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

that pig fat might help to keep the grass from building up under the deck. if it does let us know.

7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

That proves it, Kenny..There's nothing a Hustler can't cut, ....even pigfat!! LOL:drinkup:

8. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Man that was a funny story sorry it happened. Boy some of that BBQ sounds good right bout now.lol

9. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

please tell me you have pics.

10. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

At least all the spindles and bearing are well lubed.. Seems like a quick way to do the early spring maintenance.. HAHA