Hustler Z / Super Z deck improvements

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mowerconsultant, Apr 5, 2005.

1. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Here is the info I have to date.
    We have a new deck design on our Hustler Z’s and Super Z’s
    We have gone to a flat blade, compared to our old style which was an offset blade.
    We have also enlarged the discharge opening.
    The new blades have a hardened cutting edge referred to as a Fusion blade. Also, the cutting edge has been lengthened to cut the grass finer.

These are the part #'s for the new style blade we are starting to use.
    52” decks 795526
    60” decks 795252
    72” decks 795260

You can make this blade change on your current unit.

All decks going from the old style blade to the new flat blade will require this > Part # 352542 Blade spacer kit (Each kit will do one complete deck.)

Many people at the Louisville Expo and the GIE happened to see this new blade and an experimental second blade on a unit we had on display, this second blade is not available currently, we are doing more testing with it.

These changes are only taking place on the full frame Hustler Z’s, Super Z's and Diesel Super Z’s (52”, 60” and 72”) at this time.

These units are just starting to get to warehouses and some dealers, not all dealers will have these soon, there still is some old style in the system.

A couple notes:

New mulch kits are available for the new decks. These mulch kits will fit the new decks with the wider discharge openings and older decks that have had the discharge opening enlarged.
    52” decks 352435 Mulch kit
    60” decks 352427 Mulch kit
    72” decks 352419 Mulch kit

If you have an older deck with a mulch kit and you wish to modify the discharge opening you will need to order the following adapter plate before the existing mulch kit will work.
    52” decks 352336 Adapter plate
    60” decks 101071 Adapter plate
    72” decks 101089 Adapter plate

You will also need to order the above adapter plates if a Bac-Vac blower has been installed on an older deck with the discharge opening enlarged. New Bac-Vac’s will have the adapter plate included with them.

Hope this helps

Pj

2. joallen001

joallen001 LawnSite Member
    from TN

Is there a way to enlarge the discharge on the decks we have now

3. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

I had a dealer in North Carolina to order me a Super Z 60/28 EFI yesterday.

I think he said the distributor was in Virginia. Will I get the new type deck? If not what can I do at this point.

My dealer told me yesterday that he was not sure when the mower would ship from distributor.

Is there a price difference from old style deck to new style deck?

Thanks

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes you can.
    E-mail me for information.

Pj

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Not sure if you will get the new style deck, there is still inventory out there of the old style.
    There is no price difference.

Pj

6. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

PJ, are the mowers being shipped now come with the new blades even if it is still the older deck. I ordered a Hustler a couple of Saturdays ago (not sure if that is when my dealer ordered it, that is when I paid for it). I know you answered the part about the new deck, but wondering if the new blades will come with it.

Does the blow out baffle change on the new decks?

Thanks,
    Soupy

7. markindetroit

markindetroit LawnSite Member
    from detroit

Can you post a picture of the new deck compared to the old deck . Similar view of the enlarged openings and an old deck with the adapter in place would be great.

8. mickeyg

mickeyg LawnSite Member

Can you post pics of the new deck, above and under and of the new blades?

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We are shipping the new deck on units leaving the factory.
    We have warehouses all over the US that still have units in them, some dealers will get the new deck sooner than others.
    Check with your dealer, he can contact his warehouse and find out which he is getting.
    The old decks have the old blades in them still, you can put the new blades with spacer in the old deck.

Pj

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

This is the only picture I have to post.
    You can see the larger opening and the new style flat blade sharpened almost to the center.

DSCF3603.jpg