Hustler Z / Super Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by TNWS, May 29, 2005.

1. TNWS

TNWS LawnSite Member
    from IL

I have a 3235 cubby with 60" deck / 25 hp. I have tested the Z / super Z, dixie chopper / exmark 23hp which my brother bought new this year and loves it. now i am new to zero turn mowers, the exmark my brother has seamed to ride rather smooth in his own yard.

The hustler Z / Super Z i demo. in the dealers lot, yard or what ever you want to call it seamed to me to do alot of bouncing, rough in other words.

Now I'm not running down this FINE looking mower because the super Z is the one i attend to buy. Do most of these mowers ride rough or is it just me ?

I don't see how anyone could mow at 10-15 mile per hr with these mowers bouncing up / down. Is there a secret to making them ride smoother ?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

First thing you need to do is lower the air pressure to 8 to 10 PSI in your rears and fronts, then adjust your seat suspension to your weight.
    Doing these will greatly improve the ride of the mower, and as long as you watch your speed in rougher areas (go as fast as conditions allow you to safely) you will not have any problems.

Pj