Hustler Z three bag bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by captken, Apr 24, 2003.

1. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wondering if anyone has seen the Hustler Z three bagger system in action? Owners imput welcomed. I'm considering buying one instead of the hardshell fiberglass one they offer. Is it a waste of money or is it practical?

2. captken

How about some imput from users of other brand mowers that use a simular 3 bag hopper system. The one that Hustler sells can be viewed from several angles by visiting the manufactures forum on this web-site, under my post concerning the Land Pride bagger system.... Gotta please the customers that will not let me mulch.

3. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the UltraVac 3 Bin System and I am happy with it. I use it for those special jobs and drop it on the trailer when not in use. Its a nasty job dumping. I often wonder if I should have gotten the dump from the seat version:rolleyes:

4. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

We have a Ferris with the Pico dump from the seat collection system, and love it. It was almost twice the price of a "bagger" system, but we love it and think it is worth the money.

When we use it, we either dump in the woods on the customer's property, or more often simply dump in front of the leaf vacuum truck and vacuum it up. The operator never leaves the seat, and it's fast, just dump and go.

The Ferris website should have a picture of it.

5. captken

Thanks, but I want to avoid having to dump on the ground since i don't have a vac. and some customers will not let me leave clippings, Hustler makes a hardshell catcher that does the same thing that the Ferris one does plus they also sell a cloth bag system that I'm interested in.
    I just wonder how good a job the cloth baggers do on a ztr. The ease of handling the clippings and soforth. The experience I've had on 21" mowers leave a lot to be desired.
    I saw a simular setup on a Skag last year, but did not pay much attention to it at the time.
    Response please!
    Who makes the Ultra-Vac 3 system? Are you using it on a Hustler?

6. captken

I posted too quick with my last post...I just went to the Ex-Mark website and looked at the Ultra Vac 3 system. I forgot that it is made by Ex-Mark.