Hustler Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by robertyb, Feb 22, 2004.

1. robertyb

robertyb LawnSite Member
    from ga

I saw a Hustler Z 23 Kaw./ 60 cut at dealer yesterday. He thinks it is a 2003 but I suspect it is a 2002 model. It has 2.6 hrs. on it and he says still will carry full 2 year warranty. It was dropped off a trailer during a demo and chute was bent, he replaced it, other side of deck got scraped up and paint marred. Arm rests starting to crack as he leaves it outside. He offered me this mower for driveout price including tax of $6.995.00. Is this a decent price? If not what would be a good price for it?

2. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Here's your opportunity to bargain!
    23 hp on a 60" might be a little underpowered depending on your application, don't know the model, what else was damaged when that mower dropped off the trailer?
    Make him an offer (a lot less than the asking price) who knows maybe he accepts it and you got yourself a steal.
    PC

3. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Talk him down...he obviously wants to get rid of it so take advantage of the situation!

4. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

Price isnt to far off just so this machine is okay after a fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm looking at a 2003 25hp kawi60 inch for 6900.00
    brand new.........Food for thought offer low

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Don't buy it, motor is too small. I had one.They came out with the 25HP in 2003. Besides,I think he is giving you a story.Why would it take a whole year for him to fix it up to resell???

Gene

6. robertyb

robertyb LawnSite Member
    from ga

I think you read this wrong. This is a left over 2003 model. It did not take him a year or even a day to fix it. All he did was replace the mower chute that got bent. He is offering it for $6500.00 plus tax cause the offside of the mower got scratched up. No other harm was done. It dropped off ramps almost to the ground during a demo. He is going to bring it to me as soon as we get a dry period so I can demo it on my own lawn. Why is it considered underpowered? I drove one like it before and it seemed to have plenty of power. My lawn is one big 3 acre hill so we shall see.

7. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

saw one at the boat sport and travel show in Indy, dealer had 6595 on it. 60" w/23hp Kawa