1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler z4 question

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by bigorange03, May 31, 2010.

1. bigorange03

bigorange03 LawnSite Member

Hey guys I just bought a new z4 this spring and really like the mower.The question i have is how do you go about making a striping roller for the deck?I have talked to my dealer and he has informed me that they do not make a striping kit for it yet.So i figure that i might try to make one for it.Also any advice that i could get to optomize the performance of this mower and any feedback i could get from some of you guys that have them.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Unfortunately there is no stripe kit, as you found out.
    I would look at installing a aftermarket kit from these guys > http://www.bigleaguelawns.com/

3. Volnut

Volnut LawnSite Member

I'm in the same boat. I checked out bigleaguelawns.com but I am hoping there is a cheaper alternative. Almost $400 shipped is pretty steep. I've seen several homemade kits on this site. Anyone have a how-to for the Z4s? Much appreciated!