1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hustler ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassdaddy, Jan 5, 2003.

1. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

wonder why hustler doesn't offer kubota diesel in super z??they've been using them for years in outfront mowers!what would be wrong with a super z with a 28hpkubota diesel for about 11000??:confused:
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We would need to redesign the rear of the current machine.
    We use vertical shaft engines, the Kubotas are all horizontal, and of course the Kubota is a rather large engine to put in the rear of that unit.
    As we are adding engines to the current line up, we are expanding your options, a diesel is in the future I would think....;)

On a side note,
    How many here use diesels in there mid mount Z's and what mfg and deck size, and what did you pay for them ?

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

If you want a kubota in a midmount ZTR, then go look at the Grasshopper midmounts. You can get them with either the 21hp Kubota diesel, or the 28hp Kubota diesel. Both are great machines. I own one of each. Grasshopper has a long histery of using Kubota diesels in their mowers.
  4. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I have,i like the outfront hop also.our dealer is a super good guy too.i've been lookin at the kubota zd28f with fab. deck.kubota is offering 0%apr.--i rode a super z at nashville its fast,rides great,awesome built deck,reps were very nice.if they come out with a oilburner i'll probably get one.;)