Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newguymowing, Feb 22, 2008.

1. newguymowing

newguymowing LawnSite Member

I received a quote on a new hustler 60 inch 25 kawasaki the other day just wondering if im in the ballpark or if hes wack it was 7800 please lemme know what ya think:confused
  2. Hunter73

Hunter73 LawnSite Member

I just picked up a brand new one today. 2008 Huslter Z 60" 25 hp Kawasaki with the flex forks for $7550 out the door. Hope this helps.
  3. Ooomwizard

Ooomwizard LawnSite Senior Member
    from atlanta

Here's my recent quotes from a dealer in the Atlanta area:

MNZ 19/52 $5720
    HZ 24/60 $6440
    HZ 25/60 $6640
    HZ 25/66 $7100
    SZ 25/60 $7200

4. newguymowing

newguymowing LawnSite Member

dont seem like my dealer is hitting on much i have never bought a mower from a dealer before just used ones from other lawn care guys so this will be my first new mower my question is when u buy from a dealer do u try to negotiate the price just like a car dealer
  5. Ooomwizard

Ooomwizard LawnSite Senior Member
    from atlanta

I try to get in a few extras.

Ask for flex front wheels (a big plus)
    a mulcher kit
    a striping kit
    case of filters
    change of hydro filters
    spare set of blades

I usually end up buying a few items as long as the dealer will throw in a few items. Let them know your shopping, let them know you're serious. Don't be afraid to walk out while leaving a business card. Wait a day or two to see if they call you. (May take less than a couple of minutes!)

EVERYTHING is negotiable.

Mark in ATL
  6. grasskicker71

grasskicker71 LawnSite Member

That sounds like a pretty fair price. You could always call around to all the dealers within a 50 to 100 mile radius of your home and compare prices. You could also ask if they have demos, or good used mowers with low hours. I bought a super-z 27hp 60" deck with 90 hours for $6500 before tax.It was a demo and I got full warranty on mower and motor. Only scratches on the mower were on the trim side of the deck. Rest of the mower was new looking. By the way this was just last October 07. I searched for a good deal for about 9 months, called about used mowers in Ky.,Tenn.,and Fl. on ebay. Just depends on what you want.Good Luck.
  7. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

Those prices sound cheap! I went to a l&g show here last week and I did not pay too much attention to the hustlers but what I ded see was in the $9000-$10500 range.
  8. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

local dealer has the Super Z 25hp / 60 '' deck $7,600
  9. BigLag

BigLag LawnSite Member

7200 for a super z 25/60? my dealer is about 8500!!! i'd be all over that...i might have to make a trip to atlanta!

hey grass kicker... how are you liking your super z? can you actually go 15 mph while cutting without getting thrown off the mower?
  10. bowhunter74

bowhunter74 LawnSite Member
    from mo

Bought my 25/60 with the Kawi. on sale for $7200 out the door including tax last year. My dealer said the Honda engines are the ones that come in the shop the most.