1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hustler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Jonathan Johnson, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Jonathan Johnson

Jonathan Johnson LawnSite Member

Why are the Hustler Zero Turns so much cheaper than the Exmark zero turns. Both have the Kawasaki engine?

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

The reputation for a carpet cut that hustler doesn't have
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Once you look at all the mowers you will find they pretty much all he the same hardware.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Supply & demand.

5. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

Because eXmark can put just about any price on their stuff and get it.

Brand doesn't matter, if the thing isn't properly maintained. eXmarks can leave a crappy QOC, just like all the others can. It's not as simple as just buying an eXmark.

6. benneyben

benneyben LawnSite Member

What does a top of the line Exmark, 60" go for? All we run is hustler and were spending right around 10,000 for a 60" 32HP super Z.

7. ducnut

I can't remember the exact number, but, was ballparked over $11K for a 60" X with EFI Red, 60" TT or Cheetah, and Pro-Turn 460.

I really like my dealer, felt I didn't need the biggest and baddest, and took home my 60" X-ONE EFI for $9500OTD. It's been a great mower, for me.

8. benneyben

benneyben LawnSite Member

I think the new style ZX-4 hustler is right around there. We're going to stick with the old style as long as we can. Two new mowers and a walk behind don't fit in the trailer. :/

9. ducnut

I was offered a crazy deal on a Super Z HD that was less than any of the other 3 brands. But, I couldn't justify the extra money or performance.

10. benelli_t

benelli_t LawnSite Member

In my area 10,999 before tax. Not worth it to me. I can get a JD 930M for 8700 which is just as good or better IMO.