Hustler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Jonathan Johnson, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Anton Chigurh

Anton Chigurh LawnSite Member
    from TX

I'm looking for a new mower right now. I will buy either hustler or exmark. I have two older super z's, as well as an exmark lazer z. I will go with a 52 or 60" deck, haven't decided yet.

The newer exmark's are more expensive. I have been thinking on the x-one, haven't looked close enough to tell why it is a step down from the Super z.

Any knowledgible opinions on any of these models?

2. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I know boy's running both the X-One and Super Z off the same trailer and they tell me they want take the Super Z off the trailer unless they have a larger area where they can utilize more speed and both mowers. Everyone I know or have talked with speaks very highly of the X-One mowers. I've noticed something else I've not seen until last year and now this year. I am seeing JD's and Super Z's on the same trailers.

3. Anton Chigurh

from TX

If I go Hustler and 54" instead of 60", I'll look at the x-one. Any experience on the x-one vs a laxer z s series? I can get either for about the same price.

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

No experience with the Lazer Z, but I have no doubt it is a very good mower.

5. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

I got my 60" X-One with the kawasaki engine, mulch kit, gator blades, seat suspension kit and tax for $9344.73…been very pleased with this mower.

6. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Well said. I agree 100%. Hustler's cut is not impressive here. The build seems good though...My suggestion to the OP is to demo both on your properties.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

On Hustler's new site, you can directly compare models. But, in short, the Super Z is more of everything.

For me, I didn't need that much machine. I'm completely happy, with my X-ONE.

As "GMLC" stated, you really need to demo any mower you're interested in, on YOUR grass. Different areas of the country favor different mowers, due to grass types and conditions.

8. Anton Chigurh

from TX

I'm leaning 54" over 60, so I guess I'm leaning x-one.

9. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

In my Area Hustlers are about $12,500 for a Super Z with a Kawasaki 31 HP. I can get a Gravely Pro Turn 400, Scag Turf Tiger, Toro 6000 Series G3, Kubotas, John Deere M and R Series riders, and even Exmark Lazer Zs (Depending on the dealer) for 1,000-3,000 less than Hustlers

I have demoed the Super Z and I really liked it. At the time they were about 10,700.00 for the same unit back in 2012. Now the prices have skyrocketed and I start looking at everything else. I also am debating running all of my mowers the same brand, or at least similar like how Toro and Exmark are, and I am not impressed with the Hustler Trimstar Walk Behind at all.

10. DLWhite

DLWhite LawnSite Member

Get a Dixie Chopper 3360 classic T. You wont find a better mower