1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gren25, Jul 18, 2003.

1. gren25

gren25 LawnSite Member
    from nc

whats an average price on a mini z any comments? i may buy or trade for one. and r they tough mowers. thanks
  2. grass lover

grass lover LawnSite Member

Mini Z is awsome. Picked mine up for $6200 w/ and extra set of blades and a hitch kit.
  3. just grass

just grass LawnSite Member

sounds about right i priced yesterday i think it went for 6300 here in orlando fl, 1 question what lead you to the mini is it for the compact aspect of it. i have heard alot of good things about it.

Grass lover what is your horse power and deck size, did you get the honda or the kawa , the price i got with it was for the kawa.
  4. grass lover

Check out this thead:

Pricing is bottomed out at $6200 unless you find a demo. I picked up the 52/23kaw. Could have gotten the full size Z with a 23 Kaw, but the 60 deck was just too big for me. Not a lot of wide open mowing on my property. As for the rest...I started looking at the Exmark CT, moved on to the FasTrak, but didn't trust the Honda engines from what I'd read on lawnsite. Figured the Mini was full commercial and expected to last 2x longer than the FasTrak for only $1400 more than the 52/20Honda. Demo's all three models along with an Exmark HP and full size Z. The Mini just seemed to perform better. Steering and control was MUCH better on the Hustler that the red machine. Search my posts and you can read several reviews of those other machines and the Mini.

Bottom line, you can not go wrong with the Mini. Good luck with your purchase. You should be able to get your dealer down to $6236 and have him toss in an extra set of blades.
  5. gren25

gren25 LawnSite Member
    from nc

thanks for the info, and ya just liked the compact size J.G. may go look at them today, trying to pick between the grasshopper 225 or the miniz the grasshopper I looked at was 5900+ tax.
  6. blairbuc

blairbuc LawnSite Member
    from CT

Grass Lover

sounds like a good choice. can you tell me what you learned about the Honda engine.
  7. grass lover

Blairbuc -
    Couldn't get anything specific other than generalities about the larger Honda engines. Everyone posted that the small engines were great, but had "heard about a friend of a friend" that had problems. With this size investment (big for me) the old adage "where there's smoke there's fire" kicked in. Couldn't find one bad thing about the big Kaw engines, so I went with the 52/23Kaw.