Hustlers in Australia

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dexpress, Dec 17, 2004.

1. dexpress

dexpress LawnSite Member

Currently I run 2 Super Z, both 27hp Kohler, 1 x 52" deck and the other 60". Because we cut a lot lower than in the USA (hole 2 or 3 on the adjustment arm) has anybody found a way to stop the deck cutting great groves in the turf when it goes over a mound? I was thinking of adding 2 depth wheels inside the deck like a lot of mowers have. according to dealer here Hustler is not aware of any problem in that area. Any help would be appreciated.
    Also does the double blades help in cutting long grass? I was hoping the extra suction from the extra blade would lift more grass up so the blades can cut it.
  2. theservicingdealer

theservicingdealer LawnSite Member

At the Louisville Expo in Sept. Hustler had a set of what the call performance blade which is a version of double. With the little use we had with a set it really helped cutting performance. But there is a power lost.They also had a set of gauge wheels mounted under the deck to help stop scalping. They were located on inside rear of the deck between the 2 deck support. I have not seen this in action but it was shown to the public!! It may be optional in future. We will have to wait and see !!
  3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Have your dealer contact his importer and they can fill him in on what is needed to add the extra guage wheels in the rear underside of the deck.
    As to doubles, we are working on something, I cant really share to much info at this time, when we are ready to release something LS will be among the first places to know.