Hustlers new Fusion blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerman90, Jul 20, 2005.

1. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know I'm going to get flamed with replys of disbelief but this is the truth. My dealer told me to try Hustlers new Fusion blades for my Super Z and I bought a new set on June 9th, 2005. Today, July 20, I sharpened them for the first time. And guess what? They really didn't need to be sharpened! By my estimate these blades have cut well over 350 lawns of 1/4 to 1/2 acre in size since June 9th. These things are unbelievable. I mow nothing but irrigated St Augustine turf so that explains some of the longevety. My dealer told me the other day that maybe he shouldn't sell them anymore for fear of loosing repeat blade business. Keep up the good work Hustler!

2. Cutter LLC

Cutter LLC LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I cut fescue mostly and instead of 8 hours to sharpen blades I might be able to go 10 or 12. An improvement but not the answer to never sharpening. Must be nice to not sharpen for months. I sharpen every other day and they need it.

3. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

i was looking to get some of these, go cut 15 lawns of bahia and tell me if there still sharp

4. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

The Fusion blades are made by Oregon and are only available in a few of the popular sizes for the moment. They are adding new sizes every month.

5. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

they seem like they will take twice as long to sharpen though.

6. Cutter LLC

Cutter LLC LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

An extra 2 min to sharpen for even an extra 2 hours of cutting I'll take that trade off

7. mowerman90

Actually, 2 of my lawns are Bahia. One's a 1/2 acre and the other is the backyard of a 1/4 acre. Let's see, 2 times 5 weeks equals 10. Plus the other 340 St Augustine lawns.

8. mowerman90

Yes, yoiu can tell the difference when sharpening but I think it's well worth the effort.

9. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

We had a man from Everride down here testing mowers in the late winter. He had a set before they came out. Had 100 hrs on a set couldn't believe how good they looked. He had two mowers one with fusion one with standard blades. The standard blades had been sharpened three times. They impressed me.

10. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

do you have to even sharpen the bottom side?