Hybrid 4 engine ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by action1, Jan 11, 2013.

1. action1

action1 LawnSite Member

Anyone using Shindiawa equipment with the hybrid 4 engine? What do you think? There is a graph On their web sight that said it is better but, they all say that.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

run dont walk! mine lasted only one season. even when they ran the warm up wait was a pain
  3. BeachysLawn

BeachysLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Never tried it, but my dealer has one hanging on the wall and told me it was a piece of junk
  4. arl250

arl250 LawnSite Senior Member

Are they that bad ive been wanting to try it out... I mean everyone says the stihl4-mix is junk too but I have yet to have a problem
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. stonny9

stonny9 LawnSite Member

Reviving an old thread. Thinking about getting one for the upcoming season sale otherwise I am gonna stick with a regular two stroke. Deciding between these three because of the sale EB854RT, EB802RT, or EB633RT. Before sale gonna get an Echo cause dealer is a lot closer if I needed anything.

EB633RT was my first choice but threw in the 802 after I considered the 854.
  6. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

I have 3 pieces of C4/H4 equipment and they all run. Oldest one is an 07 (I believe) trimmer that's used every day.

If you want a good blower the 802 is the unit to have.
  7. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

I have the 633 blower and the T254 trimmer. The 633 is the Echo 755, the trimmer does take a bit to warm up. It's good for all of the normal trimming and edging, bogs down almost as much as my Echo 230 in the tall grass.

I have only owned my Shindaiwa since the beginning of the season. Also, Echo uses a different oil for the Shindaiwa products.

8. stonny9

stonny9 LawnSite Member

Just got the EB854RT Blower. You can barely hear it idle. Fuel tank is huge. Dealer said no break-in period but gonna stick to the eco throttle accept when needed and probably take off one tube extension accept when doing a big area.
  9. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Keep in mind what you bought has a somewhat complicated engine.

To elaborate, my EB8520 has:
    - a cam belt that needs to be checked for wear every now and then
    - valves to adjust
    - reed valves that need replacement every 1000 hrs or so (engine feels lazy)
    - an engine block that needs to seal 100% for the thing to work.

You probably won't like the way it starts in the morning.

That said I like the thing, blows like mad and 75 min on a tank of gas.
  10. stonny9

stonny9 LawnSite Member

I have used the 854 three times so far. It has fired up on the first pull every time and runs great cold and warm.