Hyd oil leak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cmurf70, Jul 24, 2008.

1. cmurf70

cmurf70 LawnSite Member

I pulled my 48/20 Fastrak (25 hrs) out of the garage today to mow and much to my dismay I saw a 12" spot of oil on the garage floor. After a little looking around I found it was coming from the bottom of the right side wheel motor. It appears to be around the small plate that is on the bottom of the motor. I snugged up the 2 bolts that hold this plate on and will check it again in the morning. Could this be the problem or am I looking at something bigger? I've got a rib injury so I wasn't able to crawl around and investigate fully.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You need to call your dealer, I would be concerned that they it could leak again, your dealer can look at it and find exactly where the leak is coming from and make sure that it will not continue to leak.
    Tightening those bolts may have worked and fixed it, but I would want to make sure.
    That and its under warranty.

Pj

3. nick858

nick858 LawnSite Member

We fought with a hydro leak from 6 hrs up to almost 50 before we got it fixed. It ended up the wheel motor had come loose, all 4 bolts were out, and had tweaked the line. Had to replace the line, fittings, and o rings. Upon inspection, the bolts had come loose in both wheel motors on that machine, as well as the other super Z we bought at the same time. Tightened everything up and we are at 250 hrs on each machine and no more troubles.