Hydralic Oil Confusion??

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by msc5195, Aug 2, 2006.

1. msc5195

msc5195 LawnSite Member

ok I purchased the Mini Z 19hp Kawi 42" deck. Bothe the online spec sheet and the hard copy spec sheet say 10w40 motor oil in the drive pumps but the owners manual says 20w50SL service motor oil. Which one do I use? What is in it from the factory? I dont want mix them or use the wrong oil and screw up the warranty.

THANKS

Robert

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Your owners manual is correct, disregard what the online spec sheet says, it is incorrect.
    It has 20w50 in it from the factory.
    I will bring it to our advertising departments attention.
    Thank you.

Pj

3. msc5195

msc5195 LawnSite Member

THANKS for the clarification. Also what about a tutorial on adjusting the tracking. I looked in the owners manual but didnt see anything in regards to tracking adjustments. My Z is trackimg slightly to the left.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

First thing, I would wait about 10 hours before making adjustments, due to break in time.
    Secondly, I will get the procedure for you, e-mail me and I will send it to you when I get it.

Pj

5. rlmano

rlmano LawnSite Member

pj,
    my MZ 36, when going forward in a very slow pace, and making a turn with my left steering arm. it tends to keep going forward until i make a complete stop or i'm barely moving. is this normal? if not, can you send me a procedure on how to correct this problem. thanks

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I don't have the info yet, but e-mail me and I will make sure you get it when I do.

Pj