Hydraulic Controler

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jmh72, Jul 6, 2006.

1. jmh72

jmh72 LawnSite Member

I need some help. I have a customer with a Hydraulic controller. Toro Turf Master. The dials are going bad and they want it replaced. I can't find one thru 2 of my supply houses. Anyone have any thoughts or previous experience. Thanks
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Toro is out of the hydraulic timer business. So is everybody else. Toro, and one or two others, make electric-to-hydraulic conversion units, to allow standard controllers to operate hydraulic valves.
  3. jmh72

jmh72 LawnSite Member

That is what I was beginning to think also. What is your experience with the conversion unit. I was looking at that yesterday and it looks to be a OK way to go.
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

More of a Florida item, I expect. (lightning) All the hydraulic systems I encountered lacked proper backflow protection (they were quite old) and it was easier to do a plumbing/controller/zone-valves upgrade in a single shot.

Toro made two kinds of hydraulic valves. If the old controller has a water supply connection, then it's a Normally-Open Hydraulic type, and the adapters will be the more expensive three-way type.
  5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Didn't hydraulic controllers go the way of stagnant pressure? :p
  6. brookviewlawncare

brookviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

toro conversion works great on clean water . bear irrigation which makes golf products also had conversion they were bought out by signature so i don't know what they offer any more. when you say they dials are bad are you talking about the hour motor or index motor ? toro still have most of those for sale for the repair of the clock