hydraulic deck lift pricing and pictures

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Robber80, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Robber80

Robber80 LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

I just bought a 28efi/60" deck super z last week. I was curious how much the hydraulic deck lift is? and does anyone have any detail pictures of the install? the dealer said like $700, so i'd like to install it myself to save some money after buying a $9500 machine. also is it electric over hydraulic or just hydro? thanks!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Here is the information on the deck lift.
    Kit, Hydraulic Deck Lift, fits Hustler Z / Super Z Part # 102186 MSRP $499.00 (does NOT Fit Mini Z / Super Mini Z)

Here is the only pic I have.

[​IMG]

The lift cylinder is hydraulic powered by a hydraulic pump driven by a electric motor.

3. Robber80

Robber80 LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

thank you for the reply and picture! do you know if i can put the witch on the console next to the key switch instead of on the left side? also, do i have to buy it from a local dealer or can i buy it online? thanks again.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not sure about relocating th switch, wire length and gage might be a issue.
    You have to buy through a Hustler dealer, whether there is one online you can buy from I don't know, its always best to work with your local dealer.

Pj

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

700 bucks will buy a lot of shoe leather...:)

6. Robber80

Robber80 LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

alright, thats what i'll do, by the way the mower is awsome!

7. Robber80

Robber80 LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

my dealer said he could get it for me, but he said he hasn't ever sold one and there are only a few that have been sold in the north east. is that true? i figured someone would want a hydraulic deck lift. i'm just worried the setup won't be relible and thats why people don't get it.

I've been using bunton mowers with electric/hydraulic lifts for the deck for 5 years, they have never had a problem.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is very reliable and works great.
    I am not sure on the sales figures on them in your area, one reason there may not be as many is due to deck sizes most people put them on, they are getting sold to people with 72 inch decks and 66 inch decks, heavier decks to lift with your foot.
    I am thinking there are not as many 66 and 72 inch deck units in your area compared to the flat Midwest.

Pj

9. KUBOTADAN

KUBOTADAN LawnSite Member

I purchased the hyd deck lift for my Super Z, works great! couldn't do without it. Try lifting the deck with you leg all day, you will be sore.

10. Robber80

Robber80 LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

yeah thats kinda why i like it, also i can relax the springs and the deck won't hop so much. also you don't have to pin it for different hights everytime.