1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic Fluid Question

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by XB 2002, Jan 22, 2008.

1. XB 2002

XB 2002 LawnSite Member
    Male, from St.Amant, LA

I have a 2003 year model Lazer Z with a 23 Kohler. My manual says to use Mobil 1 15W50 in the Hydros. I don't see this much in the stores anymore. I am approaching my first filter change and woulld like to know if there is something else that is compatible or where to find the Mobil 1 ?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

XB 2002,

I would urge you to speak w/ you local dealer about this. They should be able to point you in the right direction. I will also speak w/ some service guys and get their opinion.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Sorry it took me so long to get to you on this.

Right now, Mobil 1 15W50 is the only fluid we recognize for our hydro systems. If you can't find it at a local retailer, your dealer can order it through us by the quart. The part number is 1-840012.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Again I apologize for taking so long.

4. brownsallseasonlandscape

brownsallseasonlandscape LawnSite Member

I dont know about where you are, but in Indy all of the Walmart's carry it. As well as Napa's.
  5. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

I found mine at a small auto parts shop
    Check around and ask alot of the smaller auto parts houses can get it for you if they dont have it on the shelf
  6. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I have a 99 lazar same with a 23hp and i would put nothing but mobil one
    15w50 you get it at al the auto part stores and yea walmart