Hydraulic leak?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by duckworth, Sep 25, 2012.

1. duckworth

duckworth LawnSite Member

Every year l rent ingersol 160 diesel compressor it leaks hydraulic oil through what l think is a filter makes quite a mess.l run it at 60 psi . Any obvious solutions?

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

Rent a different compressor.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. duckworth

Only compressor available in my area live in the sticks.owner said if comp. is kept level it won't leak hydraulics ,hard to keep level all the time do all comp leak when not level.?

4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Go buy 25 lbs of clay cat litter and put it in the bottom of compressor soak up th oil .
    Or just go out and buy your own .

5. duckworth

Does 50 blow outs a year warrant a compressor?

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It would pay for itself sooner or later. If all 50 were small-water-meter installs, you could consider a truck-mount compressor, but having the real thing lets you into using air tools like a boring missile.

7. duckworth

I agree ,Boots in your opinion what is the best portable size comp for me.diesel or gas?cfm ? I do 45 reside.3 to 9 valves 3/4 pipe,3 light commercial.15 zones 1" pipe,thats my blow outs.lcould rent to a couple 9 hole golf coarses with 3 " pipe and 2 schools 2" pipe,don't know if it's worth a bigger compressor for four extra jobs a year.can you recommend compressor size for my blow outs and a compressor size if I take on golf courses and schools?

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You could always use a truckmount for the small ones and rent the tow-behind for the biggies.

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

........ sweet compressor

00980738000-1.jpe

10. duckworth

Movin up in the world I don't have to manual pump lol