hydraulic lines need replacement on old kabota

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Grn Mtn, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

I'm helping out at small horse farm and the tractor they use is an old Kabota, not sure at the model my guess is an '83ish B5200E 14 HP Deisel, gear drive. Anyway the hydrolines to the front bucket are shot and apparently you need a screwdriver to start the machine.

Whats involved in replacing the hydraulic lines? Do you think the starter is bad or just a solinoid?

I know these are tough to answer but any help would be appreciated.

2. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

hyd lines are easy to change. let the bucket rest on the ground then with the machine turn OFF move the lever around to elease any pressure in the lines then just undo them at the fittings, take to hose shop have new made and put back on.Just make sure to uase a backup wrench on the rigid side of the fitting.As for the starter give us a little more info. were do you use the screwdriver?

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the info, as to the starter not sure, I have not had the pleasure to try yet, I'll let you know when I know more.

4. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's been my experience that most old Kubota's have starter switch problems. I even wired in my own switch(s) to avoid paying Kubota parts prices. I've replaced a few Kub hydro lines too. Good Luck

5. JerryG-AR

JerryG-AR LawnSite Member

If the hoes aren't leaking but the rubber is cracked up, the hoses don't really need replacing. The rubber on the out side of the hoses is just a protective cover for the steel braid. There are lots of old tractors and dozers that have lots of the rubber off of the hoses and have had for years. Although you may want to replace them so that it looks better.:) and that alright.
    If the lines are leaking go ahead and replace them.