Hydraulic oil help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by robbo521, Nov 17, 2006.

1. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

my new ztrack calls for Hydraulic oil-15w-40 synthetic blend.looked at local store tonight and all they had was Hydraulic fluid and did not have a weight on it.what do you use?

2. Loy's Home Services  LLC

Loy's Home Services LLC LawnSite Member

My 757 takes 15w 40 reg motor oil.I think it is a 2004.

3. Loy's Home Services  LLC

Loy's Home Services LLC LawnSite Member

My 757 takes 15w 40 reg motor oil.I think it is a 2004. My tor z master takes mobile 1 15w40 fully senthetic motor oil. But most ztr's don't actually call for hydro oil, it is usually motor oil

4. robbo521

please forgive me on this because i am new to it.but from what i take and read is just use 15w 40 reg motor oil?

5. huh

huh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lubbock

call where you bought it just to double check :)

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Most automotive stores carry the Mobil1 synthetic. And yes,....it IS oil.

7. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

Yes it IS engine oil.... but it's synthetic! You CAN use regular 15w-40 motor oil in it "BUT" use SYNTHETIC UNTIL IT's OUT OF WARRANTY! If you don't YOU WILL void the warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any auto parts store should have what you need!

8. robbo521

thank you all very much.

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

That voiding the warranty thing is not always true. I would say to break i the engine in with regular oil but after 50 hours or so synthetic is the best. Hell Detroit is sending Corvettes out of the factory with Mobil 1 synthetic. Check your owners manual if you are worried about warranty issues but I will tell you from direct experience that I have run a 2000 Kohler 26EFI in a Walker mower on synthetic from day one. It has 1577 hours on it and is as strong as ever. If you have a turd for a motor it most probably is a mfgrs defect or human error (dirt injestion, ect) that cause failure, not the type of oil unless you put wesson in it.:nono:

10. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

My Scag Wildcat specifies 20w50 motor oil. Changed it to synthetic at about 10 hours.