Hydraulic Pump failure

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Grassbuster, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Grassbuster

Grassbuster LawnSite Member

Mower is 4 years old with 543hrs. Last year I replaced the left side wheel motor. Yesterday the right side hydraulic pump failed. I called the dealer and they said 7-10 days just to get the pump. Not good, very poor parts distribution. What are we supposed to do w/out having our mower for 7-10 days? Have a backup mower? I'm sorry, 7-10 days just to get a part is just not right.

I'm not complaining about having to replace parts or the $688.00 pump, i'm complaining about the availability of such parts.

2. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not about to defend the 7-10days, I'm in agreement-way too long. Shoot me the part number you are looking for and I'll research the reason why. That's not right!

Brian O

3. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

These are in stock at the factory. What might have happened is the parts order went in as a stock fill order when placed. There is a unit down path that can speed shipping up. Freight cost will change as the requested for speed in delivery time shortens. A normal fill order is just that, an order to replenish parts inventory and not to fix a unit down.

Brian O