Hydraulic system

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by troc, Oct 25, 2007.

1. troc

troc LawnSite Member

Went to do a winterization today and came across my first hydraulic system.
    It was converted to a standard Pro C controller. Problem is, I'm not sure how to winterize it since I can't get valves to open with air and valves in field are obviously buried. What am I missing? Valves work fine with water.

2. If it is a pro-c controller then I would say it is no longer a hydraulic system...

3. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

... and if you shut the water off, there is no way to open the valves since they are water actuated.

Are you sure this isn't a manual \ auto drain system?

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Water to controller for hydraulics, must be some wet clock he's got!:laugh:

5. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

This is one for the Wet Boots man.

And they do make a hydraulic to electric conversion module. Allows electric controllers to operate hydraulic valves.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Having zip hydraulics in service anymore..this is a Boots question, if we can
    wake him up from his nap.:sleeping::drinkup:

7. I worked on one hydraulic system and my head was spinning afterwards....water dripping out of the controller and valves not firing.....

8. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

::head explodes::

9. Jerry beat me to it. What is he seeing that makes him think it is hydraulic is my question.

10. troc

troc LawnSite Member

Here's what I see exactly(taken from another post)except I have a Hunter controller. I guess I'm not positive it's a Pro-C since I'm looking at a picture taken by my service guy and it's not real clear. Maybe I'm missing something here. I'm going out there myself tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Cnv0965.jpg