Hydraulic Valve

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mrsteve, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

They were trying for the market Richdel had developed with their jartop, now known as the Irritrol 2400, and since Toro bought out their competition, they had no need to invest any more effort on the Flo Pro.

2. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Were Ricdel's that white valve that is identical to the Irritrol jartop? Were they made in carson city? I might have one..

3. Wet_Boots

Yep, the white valve is the first jartop, and was labeled R204AT. Richdel was in Carson City.

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

hey Bootsie, what was the model number of the valve that was similar to the Irritrol 205, that was a globe/angle valve? Had a bottom and back inlet, and I have seen it in white and also red.

5. Wet_Boots

I never saw a Richdel valve in red, but I have some they made for Nelson in a dark green. They did a globe-angle valve that used the original R204 'classic' diaphragm assembly, and I think it was numbered R213, on account of the connections were 3/4-inch. (their original 1-inch globe-angle valve was an oversized mutant that had the diaphragm assembly and bonnet of the 1-1/2 inch valve)

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

This is the one I'm thinking of. It was over sized on the bonnet and diaphragm. Not sure if this was the one in red I have seen, but it was somewhere in the 205 style family. Only seen them twice. Still see the occasional white one.