hydraulics licences

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by zim bob the landscaper, Oct 14, 2005.

1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i was woundering if anyone had the info to get the hydralics licencea for operating loaders bulldozers excevators ect. and were to go to get the licence
    if anyone has the info it would be great if you could post it

THANKS ALOT

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

At the ripe age of 13 you cannot get one. You first need a commercial drivers license.

3. vntgrcr

vntgrcr LawnSite Senior Member

I am about to send my app. in for my hoising tag and didn't see anything about needing a cdl. Did I miss it? Thanks
    David

4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

There is no license required in this state

5. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Yup, depends on the state.

6. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Yep one thing Maryland hasn't screwed up yet.
    BTW I used to live in Walpole, MA so I know about the hydraulic license. A pain to get.

7. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

yes i know i cant get one but i was asking for my dad he already has his class A cdl licences and wants the hydraulic licence too so if u have any info it would be great and anything would be appreciated

THANKS

8. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not at all a supporter of labor unions, but if you contact your local union hall, (I believe local 150 or 151 operating engineers) and tell them what you are seeking to gain, they have all the classes and safety programs available to insturct and certify you on any mass of iron you need to be certified for. They are hoping for a new member, you want training. Fair trade, just don't turn yourself into a liberal whackopath in the process.

I'm sure the union representative would be more than happy to show you the ropes.

9. playnindirt

playnindirt LawnSite Member

In Mass you do not need a cdl to get a hoisting liscence. If you want a school call the Peterson school they are in Woburn and Westwood they have a short couse like 3 classes and then you go for the liscense

10. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

You mean you need a license to run a piece of excavation equipment ?

You guys have more rules and regulations down there you wonder how anybody can make any money.

I know your "suppose" to have a license to run a crane truck more so for trucks with Pitman cranes (stiff hydraulic booms) where as with Hiabs (knuckle booms) its not that critical.

I'am not a big fan of unions either there are many non union operators that are not certified that are far better operators than guys with tickets that have no clue. Just because they have a ticket its something to cover their azz when they screw up.