Hydretain

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by clayslandscape, Jun 3, 2013.

1. clayslandscape

clayslandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Have any of you ever used this product called Hydretain? it can be seen at www.hydretain.com

2. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not sure I understand what it does.

3. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't used it, but a buddy who owns a chemical lawn treatment company applies it. He said it is supposed to help keep the water in the soil where the roots can use it. He also said that on a humid day, it's supposed to actually pull water from the atmoshpere and into the soil. It's basically supposed to make the turf use water more efficiently. I had asked about it on here a while back and got hardly any feedback.

4. cdqat1432

cdqat1432 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Youngstown, Ohio

We have started offering hydretain this year as an add on service. Seems to be working. We offer other services such as mulch bed weed control, industrial vegetation control and perimeter pest spraying in addition to "weed and feed". Add on services are really the only way to compete with the larger companies as they help retain customers without using gimmicks. Plus they pay alot more per square foot.

5. Outlawn

So "yes" you have seen noticeable results from the use of Hydretain?

6. cdqat1432

Well, it has been raining but I am sure that July will bring an end to that. I will keep you posted.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Outlawn

Please do. I am itching to see some "real world" results from this. I haven't heard anything either way about it, so not only is it hard to get the customer to pay for it, but then if it doesn't work, the customer may not have as much faith in my suggestions in the future. Has there been any studies on Hydretain by by universities or such?

8. cdqat1432

Yes. Check the website. They have done numeroutos studies with pictures. I think it was originally designed to help with dust control in dry climates.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Outlawn

Those aren't studies though. That's a few pictures and a couple of "thank you" letters. Some from the 90's! I'm talking I would like to see information not associated with the company. 3rd party, non-biased info/studies. Yes, the pictures on the website look great. But if the product is so good, why is there not more pictures, letters, and studies/info? That kinda scares me.