1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hydro Adjustments

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joeg2246, Nov 18, 2004.

1. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anyone knew if there is an adjustment to a hydro walk behind. My 2002 Bunton 36" Hydro W/floating deck is giving me fits. When I want to turn the wheel usually locks up abit and skids and when I want to use the ZTR move it usually spins the wheels. Any help would be appreciated.
    Joe

2. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

Is this a new problem or has it always done it? Maybe the controls are just too sensitive. On my ferris I could adjust the controls to make it more my style.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would be more worried about the one that locks up than skids.

4. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

it doesnt sound good . do you change the hydro fluid lately if you did it might be air in the system

5. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

My problem has been there from the get go. Let me restate the ZTR problem. Whenever I use the ZTR it will probably lock the wheel up on stop and then when I turn and start the other way it will spin the wheels and dig in.
    Like your Ferris I was hoping there was someway to adjust the sensitivity with the pistol grips. I have adjusted the linkage but did not help all it did was make it way to slow to back off the trailer.
    Help Wanted and needed!
    Joe

6. lawncat

lawncat LawnSite Member

Get it back to your dealer! Have them get it adjusted right and show you how to do it for future reference. If he values your business, you will have no problem.